|| Project Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager
Direct Reports: Project Employees
This position is responsible for directing, monitoring and scheduling projects within MSC and Commercial programs. The Project Manager is responsible for the financial, applicable technology and schedule performance of assigned projects within cost limitations and established standards. The overall purpose is to execute projects in accordance with the bids; monitor, research, manage and report on performance and financial results of the projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide financial analysis, support, and guidance to the Project Teams within the MSC/Commercial divisions.
- Participate in bid reviews after reviewing statements of work and specifications, providing estimates of product/service costs, negotiation on growth work and compliance with contracts/orders.
- Provide financial reports to management biweekly including but not limited to cost/profit analysis, resource needs and estimates for completion.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to program master plans and schedules.
- Develops control systems and reports that accurately measure progress, identify potential problems in sufficient time for corrective action to be taken and ensures the meeting of the company’s contract commitments.
- Work directly with the Operations Manager monthly to analyze, interpret and validate results of the projects.
- Coordinate, collect, and validate forecast and budget data by project.
- Responsible for maintaining and understanding all active client contracts in program from bid to execution, while understanding, interpreting, and advising Operations Management when deviations from Client contracts occur. Immediately advise Operations Manager and CFO of any deviations.
- Assure that all projects are conducted in accordance with the Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Conduct and applicable law and regulation; take lead roles in corrective action necessary to restore conformity with ethical and compliance standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven knowledge and understanding of ship repair, estimating, cost tracking and customer service.
- Effective verbal, presentation and written communication skills at all levels of management.
- Ability to assess, isolate and prioritize critical issues.
- Ability to interface with a variety of personalities and agendas.
- Effectively lead and direct financial activities that encompass complex issues within program.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
Work experience, 10 + years
Industry experience, 10+ years
Proficient in Microsoft Project and Office Suite
Ability to obtain Clearance
Key Relationships - Internal
Executive Management, Operations Management, Business Development, Product Development, Sales, Engineering, , Accounting
Next Likely Positions
Various Operations Management Positions