||Field Service Technicians
Reports to: Servcies Manager
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
This position is responsible for the performance of the company’s OEM technical representative services to support US Navy & Commercial customers. Relevant equipment and tasking includes, but is not limited to, troubleshooting and repair of computers, software and PLCs, displays and monitors, actuators, oily water separators and oil content monitors, and tank level sensors. Position is based in Norfolk, with expected travel of 60%. Must be able to be cleared for Confidential Clearance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Startup and calibration of instrumentation and control equipment aboard government and commercial ships.
- Participate in a team and/or alone during shipboard installations.
- Generate and maintain test and survey reports aligned with process guidelines and procedures.
- Perform shop testing and QA of system components.
- Provide electrical troubleshooting and checkout of installed systems.
- Provide oversight and effective communication of project-related requirements to the shipboard installing activity.
- Travel to various locations in accomplishment of company awarded jobs as necessary.
- Travel estimated at 60%, depending on company needs and sometimes at short notice.
- NAG will train on its products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prior experience working with new shipboard instrumentation
- Experience with instrumentation and control systems in a fast-paced environment.
- Trouble-shooting abilities such as root cause determination and corrective actions for problems.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and process specifications.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Understand the Float Systems electrical requirements.
- High quality focus.
- Solid computer skills including MS Office.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work and perform individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, with skills to respond to a high sense of urgency
- Quick to respond with real solutions but also know when to seek guidance and support when required.
- Comfortable working directly with the customer, interpreting their needs and presenting solutions.